Solving the Data Security Challenges of Law Firms
February 17, 2020
Law firms have been behind all other industries in moving data to the cloud because of the sensitive nature of their business and their data. The convenience of the cloud can be of tremendous benefit to legal firms, but two security risks put into doubt the wisdom of making the leap. Those threats are the potential for a data breach by an unauthorized third party and accidental release of sensitive data by the error or carelessness of authorized individuals. Managed service providers (MSPs) provide the solutions law offices are looking for.
Major Data Security Concerns Legal Firms Share
Maintaining sensitive files in a locked file cabinet is obviously less risky than conducting business over the worldwide web. But lawyers are put at a disadvantage by not having cloud capabilities. The following are a few of the challenges:
- Digital storage in-house and in the cloud puts information at risk, but 24/7 access to data is invaluable.
- Cybercrime continues to rise. It is necessary to have a continuous focus on cyber threats in order to avoid a devastating loss of data or exposure of sensitive information.
- Many law firms branch out across the country and in locations around the world, creating a large IT network that’s more difficult to secure and manage.
Managed Service Provider (MSP) Solutions
Legal firms can more confidently take advantage of the benefits of the cloud with a managed service provider handling managed IT services. Benefits follow:
- Security is updated as new technologies and updates become available, helping managed service providers and their clients stay ahead of cybercriminals
- For any business to survive disruption, a business continuity plan is essential. MSPs specialize in data backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning and services.
- It makes sense to entrust IT management and security to managed service providers, who offer valuable technology upgrades for a fraction of the cost as well as 24/7 data and IT infrastructure monitoring and an IT staff with great depth of expertise.
Contact Info-Link Technologies Today to speak with an expert who can help solve your law firm’s data security challenges.