Web hosting is a business itself. It is comparable with a mall owner who leases the space within his/her building, so that other businesses can reach the target market, who are the mall goers. Web hosting provides that accessibility of your business, so that potential customers can easily find good products and services as if in a one-stop shop.
This is why knowing how to build a web hosting company became an interest to entrepreneurs. With the booming e-commerce, a business needs to keep up with the demands of the changing market trend. That is precisely the reason web hosting became a necessity for any business that runs a website. If your website won’t be accessible, people won’t be able to find you in the vast virtual space of the Internet. There has to be a hub where people can go to in order to find a business like yours, and that will be another business opportunity if you can host the websites of other businesses.
But learning how to build a web hosting company is not a walk in the park. In fact, it requires your own understanding of the technicalities on how it actually works. If you think that your expertise is not sufficient, an efficient IT management service will be of great help. How to build a web hosting company is a series of decision-making and purchases for your business investment. So here are the basic steps on how to build a web hosting company:
1. Learning how to build a web hosting company starts with the decision on what types of hosting services will be available for your clients. This could be shared hosting, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting, dedicated hosting, Cloud hosting, managed hosting, or colocation hosting services. Also, you need to decide on the categories of products you are knowledgeable of, then decide on the variety of these products that you can handle.
2. Another decision follows the steps on how to build a web hosting company. You need to plan on the process of your company building. Also, you should start considering the prices of the services that you will offer your clients, which should be affordable or a surefire way to get their money’s worth. To do that, you need to check on the competitors’ price list and offers.
3. Another step on how to build a web hosting company is to pick a client handling mechanism. For all your website orders and client handling optimization, choose a client handling mechanism, which could be a WHMCS panel.
4. Get a cost-effective Internet Service Provider (ISP). Cost-effectivity is determined by the bandwidth it provides because it is the core of any hosting business. What your ISP can accommodate is the limit of your revenue. Failure to accommodate sites results to downtime, which is a nightmare to hosting businesses. Find a reliable bandwidth at a reasonable price to keep your hosting business up and running.
5. Planning your bandwidth purchases follows. Your plan can help you decide on the sales techniques to employ since this is your most important resource. Buy a 10Mbps bandwidth that can allow you around 1000 VPS accounts. So, work on your budget and learn the math on how to build a web hosting company.
6. The success of hosting businesses rely on the accessibility they provide 24/7, so you’ll know how to build a web hosting company if you know how to invest in power. High power consumption can keep your hosting account live even in sudden interruptions that can cause downtime. Thus, power is an investment that your should not forego.
7. Purchase your needed hardware. Learning how to build a web hosting company is meeting the hardware requirements of your clients. Note that balancing various accounts will be critical for dedicated, VPS and shared hosting services. Therefore, to avoid hardware breakdown that can cause downtime, and to provide the needs of your hosting accounts, grab the best deals for hardware purchases.
8. Consider the product line that your clients will require and the license cost that follows. License costs vary depending on deals so a pricing range is advisable to ensure that the price of your services will be fair for the business. Understanding how to build a web hosting company is setting your clients’ expectations on things that matter to them, like costing.
9. A growing hosting business will demand that your knowledge on how to build a web hosting company be assisted by an efficient management service to help you deal with the growing number of tickets that demands resolution. A strong and knowledgeable support team should be able to provide the necessary assistance to your clients for a satisfied customer to stay and keep your services in the long run. In the cyberspace where customer satisfaction can make or break a business especially in forums, it is important that your support team, including system administrators, knows what they are doing.
10. Check on the most applicable and effective online marketing strategies like SEO, SEM, or Google AdWords campaign. These can widen your reach and secure a larger client base. Online marketing is the last yet the most important step on how to build a web hosting company that needs constant attention to help your hosting business grow.