The best web hosting companies in Licking, Ohio offer different services for Licking County small business. It could range from shared web hosting service to a dedicated server hosting service. The package you choose to avail from website hosting companies includes security features.
Security is a demand since people began developing the Internet for e-commerce. This placed monetary value to anything found online. It could be cryptocurrency, products, services, or information. All these have value that attracts criminal minds. They try to explore and test the system for a possible easy-money gig. Thus, the best web hosting companies in Licking, Ohio include security in IT solutions.
Security became part of the IT services from the best web hosting companies in Licking, Ohio. This ensures that all clients are safe from possible malicious attacks. Cyber attacks may come in various forms. Some of the most common are DDoS (Distributed-Denial-of-Service), malware, virus, and ransomware. An updated security system can counter known security threats. Zero-day attacks, those unknown to cybersecurity developers, place websites at risk.
Make sure that your choice of web hosting provider can protect your business. To do that, you need to understand the features of the best web hosting companies in Licking, Ohio. Here are some of them:
There are three initial security measures from the best web hosting companies in Licking, Ohio. They are the SSL, firewalls, and DDoS prevention. Let’s try to understand each of them:
• Firewalls are the initial security precautions employed. The best web hosting companies in Licking, Ohio provide them. You need to clarify with the best web hosting companies in Licking, Ohio its coverage. Which intrusions can the firewalls stop? Also, you need to know if there would be more security measures other than the firewall. Firewalls may be great for early prevention, but they have limits when it comes to DDoS attacks.
• DDoS attacks use an overwhelming amount of traffic to take down a website. Since the computing resources of a website are limited, this could result in downtime. The site will be inaccessible and useless. During downtime, the system is more prone to malware attacks. That is why DDoS attacks are also used to paralyze a system and render it vulnerable to further intrusions.
• Flooding a website during a DDoS attack may use several attack combinations. Thus, it is advisable that your site is equipped with the necessary DDoS prevention tools. This is the kind of attack that the best web hosting companies in Licking, Ohio are trying to prevent. Thus, they have included DDoS preventive measures in their IT solutions. These measures include advance mitigation and prevention tools and services. Make sure that your web hosting solutions include these features when they’re from the best web hosting companies in Licking, Ohio.
• Check if the best web hosting companies in Licking, Ohio provide SSL certificates. If they don’t, you would need to implement that yourself. Thus, it is better if SSL certificates are part of the web hosting solutions from the best web hosting companies in Licking, Ohio.
• SSL technology provides security for sensitive data during server transfers. Though SSL does not detect threats nor protect your server from attacks, it secures your data using encryption. This will make your data accessible only to your server and to your website user. This can help you avoid a data breach and keep your customers’ details safe.
Malware Scan and Removal
Securing firewalls, SSL, and DDoS prevention measures are part of your preparation against attacks. On the event of an actual attack, you need to scan and remove malware. Web hosting solutions from the best web hosting companies in Licking, Ohio provides these security features. They work as your army to protect your network and mitigate the possible effects of malware on your system. Malware protection scans for possible threats. It also provides reports to determine the intrusions within the network. This will be followed by identification and removal of malware.
Backup is the security feature that people fail to recognize. This is due to the frequent use of backups for mobility. Backup is not limited to mobility purposes. It aims to keep a secure copy of your data in case of a data breach. If malware removal is for ongoing attacks, backup serves as your restoration point after the attack. It is your trusted repository of valuable data that can help your business bounce back. Your data recovery plan will include a backup of all your data. That is the kind of security that the best web hosting companies in Licking, Ohio aim to provide.