Cybercriminals put businesses at risk daily, maintaining appropriate protocols for network security has never been a more critical task. Small businesses are particularly at risk due to the assumption that smaller targets are safer. A managed network is the best way for small businesses to avoid adverse results of a devastating cyber-attack.
that at least 43% of all attacks by cybercriminals directly target small
businesses. If network security fails, what can happen? Loss of customer data
is a big part of the reason 60% of small businesses shut down within 6 months
of a direct hit by a cyber-attack. Data loss can result in public mistrust,
fines, and a poor reputation because customers who entrusted you with data were
exposed to criminal elements.
Other results of failed network security include exposure
of trade secrets and the devastating financial impact of related fines.
Managed Networks Services Offer Better Network Security
Statistics also show that only 14% of small business owners believe their strategy for cybersecurity is effective. Although so many small business owners recognize their need for managed network security, they don’t often know how helpful and affordable a managed network can be.
Managed Network Services
Managed network services is more affordable for SMBs to hire a managed service provider to help ensure network security than it is to hire sufficient IT personnel to do as comprehensive a job. Info-Link Technologies has the expertise in managed network services and experience to better shield SMBs from the negative impact of cybercrime.
Contact Info-link Technologies
Network and data security are of growing importance due to
ever-increasing cyber-attacks. Business owners know they need adequate data and
network security, but it is often lacking. Small and medium-sized businesses
(SMBs) in particular have difficulty keeping up with shifting security demands,
due to associated costs. The changing tactics and sophistication of
cybercriminals make do-it-yourself (DIY) cybersecurity expensive, according to Forrester’s
Total Economic Impact (TEI) methodology.
to DIY Cybersecurity
Just the right mix of tools is needed to adequately protect
your company’s data, network, and applications. Another obstacle is that each
of the security devices and platforms must work and integrate well together.
The work isn’t done even after you’ve pulled that off. Next is to ensure that
emerging attacks and threats are monitored round-the-clock. An experienced professional
should be on hand at all hours to identify security incidents and provide a
Internal IT personnel typically have many important
routines to handle and special projects, as well. Seldom do small IT
departments have the time needed to focus on cybersecurity to the level the
threat demands. Multiple techniques are continuously employed by hackers. Many
businesses simply aren’t prepared with an adequate disaster recovery response
if a major cyber-attack is successful.
Another drawback to DIY cybersecurity is that few IT professionals have the level of expertise needed for peace of mind. Qualified cybersecurity experts are in high demand and can easily be snatched up by the highest bidder. Although your IT staff may know about EDR security best practices, that’s different from working knowledge and experience.
Cost-Effective Solution to Cybersecurity
Third-party IT solutions check all the requirements of cybersecurity that can provide peace of mind while also cutting costs. The ever-increasing expense and inadequacy of DIY cybersecurity are no match for the benefits provided by outsourced IT services. Benefits of outsourced IT solutions:
- Clients get the benefit of a larger IT staff with multi-layered expertise, including cybersecurity professionals.
- Exposure to a wide range of network infrastructure designs, configurations, and network architectures provides added insights into the most up-to-date cybersecurity software, technology, and innovations. Outsourced IT services have invaluable in-the-trenches experience.
- The entire focus of outsourced cybersecurity providers is on keeping companies safe from the many forms of cyber threats.
- Compliance is another arm of security that outsourced IT services can be depended upon to handle in an accurate and timely manner.
- IT professionals can have many different certifications, and you get the benefit of a full complement of IT certifications with most outsourced IT services providers.
- In-house personnel may hesitate to deliver bad news regarding security assessments. An outsourced company, however, has no vested interests or motivations to falsely paint a rosy picture of the state of cybersecurity.
Info-Link Technologies provides IT services in the Greater Columbus, Ohio, area. You will gain a new level of cybersecurity at a much-reduced price, compared to DIY cybersecurity.
Contact Us Today